SALARY: $59,382 – $105,916
DEPARTMENT: Berrien County Prosecutor’s Office
Under general supervision of the County’s Prosecuting Attorney, prosecutes complaints for and on behalf of the County and other official agencies. Hybrid work-from-home schedule being developed.
- Receives and reviews police reports and arrest warrants from police departments; approves and authorizes arrest warrants or returns warrants to police agencies for further investigation. Advises police agencies on proper legal procedures.
- Prosecutes criminal complaints on behalf of the State of Michigan.
- Represents the people of the State of Michigan in jury and non-jury felony and misdemeanor cases in the Circuit Court and District Court, as well as argues cases in front of the Court of Appeals and Supreme Court.
- Exercises a considerable degree of independent judgment throughout each state of the criminal justice process and in the preparation of cases.
- Completes special projects and assignments as requested by the Prosecuting Attorney.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Education: Graduation from law school is required
Experience: No prior experience is required. Starting salary will be commensurate with experience.
A member of the State Bar of Michigan. If awaiting bar results, applicant may be hired in pending passage of bar exam.
This description is intended to describe the type and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by a person so classified.
Please contact Steve Pierangeli, firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.