Employer: Charlevoix County
Department: Prosecuting Attorney’s Office
Position: Assistant Prosecuting Attorney
Pay: $63,000 – $70,000 with full benefits including MERS Pension.
Job Posting Date: August 22, 2023
Serving at the discretion of the elected Prosecuting Attorney, duties would involve misdemeanor and felony matters and include: review of reports and search warrants, authorization or rejection of charges, interview and preparation of witnesses, all aspects of litigation including pretrial conferences, preparation of motions, briefs and pleadings, and courtroom hearings including arraignment, motion hearings, trials, and sentencings.
Required Skills & Abilities
• Knowledge of the criminal law, rules of evidence, court rules, and rules of professional conduct.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• High ethical standards both personally and professionally.
• Ability to work with others.
• Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school and licensed to practice law in the State of Michigan.
Job Location/Physical Requirements
This position is based in a climate-controlled office building and courthouse. Occasional lifting, twisting, kneeling, reaching, and transferring a maximum of 25 pounds may be required.
How to Apply
Submit a cover letter, resume, and Charlevoix County Employment Application (located on the “Employment Opportunities” page of www.charlevoixcounty.org ) as one package via email or mail. If emailed, please submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org. If mailed, please mail to: Human Resources, Shirley Roloff Center, 13513 Division St., Charlevoix, MI 49720.