Under the supervision of the Prosecuting Attorney and the Chief Assistant Prosecuting Attorney, reviews and authorizes requests for misdemeanor warrants. Prepares and tries misdemeanors at jury and bench trials. Less frequently, prepares and tries criminal felony matters in Circuit Court.
- Reviews criminal warrant requests from state and local law enforcement agencies and determines whether adequate grounds exist to authorize a warrant.
- Researches and prepares criminal cases for trial, motion, sentencing and other proceedings.
- Appears in court for hearings, arraignments, motions, trials, sentencing and other proceedings to represent the People of the State of Michigan.
- Drafts motions, briefs and other legal documents.
- Conducts pre-trial meetings with unrepresented defendants.
- Represents the Prosecutors Office on various boards or community groups as assigned
- Law degree from an accredited law school
- Licensed to practice law in the State of Michigan OR Awaiting results from the February bar exam
- No prior experience is required.
$54,972.80 to $71,464.98 plus benefits package
Please submit letter of interest, resume and references via email to:
David A. Marvin – Prosecutor
Position open until filled
St. Joseph County is an equal opportunity / ADA employer