Victim Services Training Prosecutor- PAAM
Victim Services Training Prosecutor
The Victim Services Training Prosecutor is a full-time, grant funded position.
- To work at the direction of the Prosecuting Attorneys Association of Michigan (PAAM), to meet the requirements of VOCA Grant funded projects. The Training Attorney will work collaboratively with the PAAM Victim Rights Training Unit, state partners, law enforcement, community-based advocacy groups, court systems, and other identified partners, to assess the need for, and to develop and provide training programs for prosecutors, law enforcement officers, service providers and others on issues of victim services.
- Provide technical assistance and legal research to prosecutors on issues of victim services, and keep a log of such assistance.
- Participate in specialized training on the issues of victim services, conference development and management, and similar projects.
- Participate in meetings coordinating statewide training efforts.
- Serve on advisory councils, committees and other boards and entities as requested or invited by partners, and other groups working on issues of victim services.
- Serve as faculty or presenter to other entities or groups on issues of victim services.
- Keep accurate time records for work done and prepare reports to grant funders as required.
- Juris Doctor from an accredited law school.
- Member in good standing of the State Bar.
- Extensive experience in prosecuting victim-related cases.
Preference will be given to applicants who, in addition to the minimum qualifications, possess one or more of the following:
- Demonstrated clear and concise writing ability.
- Attended an instructor development training program (train-the-trainer) or significant experience as a trainer.
- Demonstrated knowledge in presentation (Microsoft © PowerPoint©, or similar programs.) and publishing software (Adobe© InDesign©, Adobe© Acrobat Professional©, etc.) or willingness to learn how to use such software.
Salary: $78,000- $90,000. A competitive benefits package is available, including health, dental, and vision insurance.
The Training Prosecutor’s workstation is Lansing, Michigan. Substantial in-state and some out-of-state travel, including significant overnight travel, is required. Some telecommuting may be considered.
How to Apply
A resume and cover letter should be emailed to Cheri Bruinsma, Assistant Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org