Child Abuse Training Attorney- PAAM
- Works at the direction of the Prosecuting Attorneys Association of Michigan (PAAM), to meet the requirements of VOCA Grant funded projects. The Training Attorney will work collaboratively with the PAAM Child Abuse Training Services Unit, state partners, law enforcement, child assessment centers, court systems, and other identified partners, to assess the need for, and to develop and provide training programs for prosecutors, law enforcement officers, service providers and others on issues of child abuse.
- Provides technical assistance and legal research to prosecutors on issues of child abuse, and keeps a log of such assistance.
- Participates in specialized training on the issues of child abuse, conference development and management, and similar projects.
- Participates in meetings coordinating statewide training efforts.
- Serves on advisory councils, committees and other boards and entities as requested or invited by partners, and other groups working on issues of child abuse.
- Serves as faculty or presenter to other entities or groups on issues of child abuse.
- Keeps accurate time records for work done and prepare reports to grant funders as required.
- Juris Doctor from an accredited law school.
- Member in good standing of the State Bar.
- Extensive experience in prosecuting cases of child abuse and child sexual assault.
Preference will be given to applicants who, in addition to the minimum qualifications, possess one or more of the following:
- Demonstrated clear and concise writing ability.
- Attended an instructor development training program (train-the-trainer) or significant experience as a trainer.
- Demonstrated knowledge in presentation (Microsoft © PowerPoint©, or similar programs.) and publishing software (Adobe© InDesign©, Adobe© Acrobat Professional©, etc.) or willingness to learn how to use such software.
Salary: $80,000- $95,000. A competitive benefits package is available, including health, dental, and vision insurance.
The primary workstation is Lansing, Michigan. Substantial in-state and some out-of-state travel, including significant overnight travel, may be required. Telecommuting is a potential option.
How to Apply
A resume and cover letter should be emailed to Cheri Bruinsma, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business May 29, 2020.