Assistant Prosecuting Attorney I - Emmet County
Assistant Prosecuting Attorney I
- Under the supervision of the Prosecuting Attorney review police reports to authorize or deny warrant requests for criminal prosecution.
- Represent the State of Michigan in all stages of prosecution for misdemeanor, felony, and probate cases by appearing in District, Circuit, and/or Probate courts from authorization through trial.
- Interview victims and witnesses.
- Draft all types of legal pleadings; for example: motions, briefs, stipulations, witness lists, and jury instructions.
- Prepare and review search warrants.
- Consult with law enforcement agencies.
- Any other duties assigned by the prosecuting attorney.
- Applicant must be proficient in legal research and writing.
- Case assignments will include, but not limited to, the prosecution of domestic violence and assaultive crimes with the possibility of juvenile delinquency and abuse/neglect cases.
Requirements: Possession of a Juris Doctor degree from an ABA accredited law school, membership in good standing in the State Bar of Michigan, possession of a valid Michigan Driver's License, and able to pass a personal background investigation including a criminal history check.
Salary range for 2020: $51,835.00 - $61,397.00. This is a full-time position with a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance.
Process: Please submit a cover letter, resume and legal references by attaching them to the employment application on the Emmet County website or by mailing to the below listed address. https://www.emmetcounty.org/connect-with-emmet/work-with-us/employment-opportunities/
Mail to: Human Resources Department, 200 Division Street, Suite 178, Petoskey, MI 49770