Executive Director - Muskegon County
Job Title: Executive Director Hours: Full Time Salary Position
Reports To: Mediation & Restorative Services Board of Directors
About Mediation & Restorative Services
Mediation & Restorative Services is one of seventeen Community Dispute Resolution
Centers in the State of Michigan providing mediation and other alternative dispute resolution
services to the residents of Muskegon, Oceana, Mason & Manistee Counties utilizing highly trained
and committed volunteers & staff.
Mediation & Restorative Services has been committed to the tenets and practices of Restorative
Justice in school settings, with juvenile and adult offenders for more than twenty years.
The EXIT Program is a single location where felony convicted people can access existing public and
private services to assist them in: improving work skills, increasing their academic attainment,
obtaining and retaining a job, and reengaging with their family and their community.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitors and directs all operations of the organization; identifying systemic challenges,
program effectiveness, engaging in collaborative problem-solving efforts and processes for
improvement. Develops and deepens working relationships with community organizations, courts,
businesses, volunteers and community members.
- Identifies funding and program opportunities to provide additional support and sustainability,
monitors expenditures, negotiates contracts, develops budgets and provides monthly financial
reports to the Finance Committee and Board of Directors.
- Formulates and implements organizational policies & procedures and ensures programmatic
reporting is complete and timely.
- Manages human resource issues for all staff members including: hiring, benefits, clearances,
evaluations, corrective actions and terminations. Provides programmatic support and supervision to
Mediation Program Case Managers and EXIT Program Supervisor.
- Supervises all organizational promotional material
- Supports and recruits community volunteers, ensuring that required training is provided and
meets all necessary requirements.
- Develops and implements, in partnership with the Board of Directors, organizational
Qualified Candidates will have:
Education: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in social work, conflict resolution, public
administration, business, criminal justice, or related field.
Experience: Previous relevant management experience in areas such as non-profit program
development, finance, strategic planning, community engagement and operations. Experience with or
knowledge of mediation, alternative dispute resolution and restorative justice concepts and
practices is preferred.
Key Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Skilled convener, able to bring diverse stakeholders together, build consensus, and catalyze
action within communities. Facilitation and/or mediation skills to build partnerships among key
groups and maintain neutrality to effectively negotiate with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Knowledge of human service programs serving Muskegon, Oceana, Mason & Manistee County
- Knowledge of the criminal justice/corrections system and/or re-entry.
- Engage successfully with people from a wide range of cultural and socio- economic backgrounds.
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) skills to facilitate connectedness among all
- Manage multiple grant funded or contracted programs.
- Available for some weekend and evening responsibilities, some travel required.
- Supervision of and support for a collaborative team approach to service delivery.
To Apply: Please send the following, by email to: email@example.com
Deadline to apply is November 11, 2020
Mediation & Restorative Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer