Director of Training, Recruitment and Continuing Legal Education- Wayne County
DIRECTOR OF TRAINING, RECRUITMENT AND CONTINUING LEGAL EDUCATION
WAYNE COUNTY PROSECUTOR’S OFFICE
The Director of Training, Recruitment and Continuing Legal Education will develop new programs and analyze existing processes with the objective of improving individual and organizational performance. The employee is responsible for maintaining quality and efficiency within the office by working with other managers and staff to develop, evaluate and enhance office procedures and create an office culture of continuous improvement.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with managers to identify, develop and improve work processes;
- Develop management training, internal policies and procedures;
- Assist in the identification of the root causes of issues and develop solutions;
- Establish performance standards and goals;
- Coordinate a training team to facilitate office wide in-service training;
- Collaborate with Wayne County Employee Engagement to develop and share training opportunities and resources between County Departments;
- Review and Identify outside training opportunities for Continuing Legal Education credit;
- Interview, evaluate and place law students, undergraduate students and volunteers based on the student’s interests, skills and office needs;
- Develop and coordinate a recruitment team to attend recruiting events and maintain/cultivate relationships with career services personnel and externship coordinators at law schools;
- Develop content for the Wayne County Citizens Academy
- Other tasks upon request of the Prosecutor, including preparing presentation, reports and attending public speaking events.
- Must have a Juris Doctorate degree from an accredited law school;
- Must have a valid Michigan Driver’s License;
- A minimum of 5 years of criminal trial experience, preferably prosecutorial;
- Experience in training or teaching and knowledge of human behavior and performance, individual differences in ability, personality and interests; learning and motivation
- Proficient computer skills including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, ACT, Outlook and Westlaw;
- Knowledgeable in management principles in leadership techniques; coordination of people and resources; principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection and training.
COMPENSATION: To be determined dependent upon experience
To apply for this position please submit a resume and cover letter to Daryl M. Carson, Chief of Staff, 1441 St. Antoine Street, Detroit, MI 48226; or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference Director of Training, Recruitment and Continuing Legal Education in the subject line of the cover letter and/or email.
The deadline for applications is Friday, January 29th.