Assistant Prosecuting Attorney—Roscommon County
Job Description: Serves as an entry Assistant Prosecutor working in a learning capacity under the supervision of the Prosecutor and Chief Assistant Prosecutor. The work would include legal research, preparing motions and answers in criminal matters and handling matters in court. The position will include the practice in District, Probate and Circuit Court.
Initial essential responsibilities are likely to include:
- Reviewing police reports and making charging decisions in misdemeanor and juvenile cases.
- Interviewing complainants, victims of crime, witnesses and police officers in preparation for court hearings.
- Prosecuting misdemeanor cases in District Court and juvenile delinquency and mental commitment cases in Probate Court. Felony cases may be added depending on experience.
- Conducting research; writing motions, replies and briefs in all trial courts; researching and writing briefs and replies in appellate courts, and
- Consulting with various police agencies; reviewing search warrants; performing 'on-call' duties.
Graduation from an accredited law school, licensed by the Michigan BAR Association with membership in good standing.
Prior prosecutorial experience preferred. PACC/PAAM internships may be substituted for prior prosecutorial experience.
Good Moral Character: Applicants will be subject to a background investigation and drug testing. Applicants are expected to hold themselves to a high standard of integrity and be professional in appearance, demeanor, and behavior in and out of the office.
ROSCOMMON COUNTY IS AN EQUAL AND DISABILITY OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Financial Info: Salary $53,605.50 to $64,330.00 plus benefits. The salary can be negotiated higher then the top end of this range depending on experience level.
Location: Roscommon County, Michigan.
Contact: Interested applicants should send a letter of interest and resume by mail or email to:
Roscommon County Prosecutor’s Office
Attn: Mary Beebe
500 Lake Street
Roscommon, MI 48653