Assistant Prosecuting Attorney - Wayne County
Salary: $60,500 - $79,000, plus benefits and annual step increases
If you are looking for a challenge, look no further. The Wayne County Prosecutor’s Office is one of the largest and busiest in the State, prosecuting over 20% of all felonies and taking 53% of its capital cases to trial (pre-pandemic). We handle a variety of criminal actions from misdemeanors to high profile media cases with unique issues and matters of first impression. Wayne County has also been responsible for groundbreaking legal precedents in the appellate courts. You will gain a heightened understanding of the law, your litigation skills will be enhanced, and you will have access to some of the most brilliant minds in criminal law.
COMPENSATION: Compensation is commensurate with experience. Full medical benefits, as well as a retirement plan with robust time off, and paid parental leave, etc. The salary range is $60,500 - $79,000 with an annual step increase of $1,250 - $3,000.
QUALIFICATIONS: Juris Doctorate Degree; must be a member in good standing of the State Bar of Michigan; possess effective oral and written communication skills; highly organized and extremely motivated.
TYPICAL JOB DUTIES:
- Conduct motion hearings, preliminary examinations, trials, and sentencings.
- Negotiate fair and just resolutions of cases with defense counsels.
- Interview victims, witnesses and, in some instances, conduct investigative subpoenas.
- Provide zealous and effective advocacy on behalf of the People of the State of Michigan.
- Handle assignments in all courts: Circuit, District, Municipal, Juvenile and Probate.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check and a negative drug test.
TO APPLY: Send a cover letter, resume and 3 references to Daryl M. Carson, Chief of Staff at email@example.com
APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 30, 2022
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER