Assistant Prosecuting Attorney - Hillsdale County
Office of the Prosecuting Attorney
Hillsdale County, Michigan
Position: Assistant Prosecuting Attorney
The Office of the Prosecuting Attorney for Hillsdale County is seeking an attorney to serve as an Assistant Prosecuting Attorney (APA). Successful candidates must be licensed to practice law in the State of Michigan and have at least some experience in a criminal and/or civil law setting.
Under the direct supervision of the Prosecuting Attorney and the Chief Assistant, reviews and authorizes requests for felony and misdemeanor warrants, juvenile criminal petitions, educational neglect petitions, and mental health petitions. Determines the appropriate charge and prosecutes criminal cases. Prepare and try misdemeanor, felony, and juvenile jury and bench trials as assigned. Make decisions regarding the disposition of cases that serves the best interests of the public.
1. Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school.
2. Licensed by and in Good Standing with the State Bar of Michigan.
3. Some experience practicing criminal and/or civil law is preferred, but not required.
1. Ability to operate basic office equipment and computer programs (word processing, spreadsheets, database entry, etc.)
2. Attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary Range - $48,000 - $52,500
Benefits — Medical insurance, retirement plans and paid time off.
If interested please submit your resume and cover letter to:
Desiree Belote, Office Manager
29 N. Howell Street, RM 13
Hillsdale, Michigan 49242