Assistant Prosecuting Attorney- Isabella County
General Summary: The Isabella County Prosecutor’s Office has an opening for an Assistant Prosecuting Attorney position. We are in search of an individual that enjoys advocating in the courtroom, who is proficient in legal research and writing, and above all is passionate about seeking justice for victims of criminal activity. Assistant prosecuting attorneys will receive invaluable career experience, courtroom training, and rewarding sense of purpose.
The chosen applicant will be responsible for handling cases in accordance with office philosophy, but given freedom to make independent decisions. Applicants will have the opportunity to work with, and learn from, experienced trial attorneys and exceptional support staff.
Chosen hire will have the ability to grow within the organization with potential for additional career advancement.
General Job Duties: Review and authorize requests for warrants, determine the appropriate charge(s) and prosecute criminal misdemeanor cases, juvenile matters, neglect and/or abuse cases, as well as handle SOS hearings and other formal hearings. Applicant will be required to negotiate cases to reach a plea agreement, prepare legal motions, answers defense motions, prepare search warrants, and advise law enforcement on legal issues, as well as prepare witnesses for trial and try cases before a judge or jury.
- No previous prosecution experience is necessary, but any criminal law experience should be noted in the
- Graduate of an accredited law school, licensed to practice law in the State of Michigan, pending bar results, or scheduled to sit for the Bar Exam in July of 2023.
- Member in good standing with the Michigan State
- A valid Michigan driver’s
- Comprehensive Benefit Package
- Applications will be accepted until position is
Please submit a cover letter, resume, legal writing sample, and Isabella County employment application to email@example.com or fax to 989-775-8413.