2022 Summer Intern Program Overview
Why intern for PAAM?
- Interns gain experience in the practice of law and oral advocacy by working in prosecutors’ offices.
- Interns handle in-court assignments typically handled by assistant prosecutors.
- Interns see the inner workings of the criminal justice system.
- Interns receive a salary of $6,600.00 for 11 weeks of work.
Why is PAAM interested in you?
- PAAM seeks to promote prosecution as a career opportunity by giving interns real world experience in the profession.
- PAAM interns provide additional summer assistance for prosecutors’ offices.
Who should apply?
- Law students looking to gain actual courtroom and legal experience.
- Law students who will have completed 40 credit hours of law school by May 13, 2022.
- Michigan residents or students who intend to practice in Michigan upon graduation.
Application deadline is September 30th, 2021 for direct applicants. Those Interviewing through OCI must comply with school deadlines.