The Clare County Prosecutor’s Office is seeking a qualified candidate for our Criminal Analyst
position. The position is a grant funded position for a period of three years. This position will
provide strategic and operational support to the Prosecutor’s Office. The candidate must be able to
collect information from multiple sources and be capable of determining the relevance of the data.
This candidate will perform a wide range of analytical tasks relating to criminal activities and
provide analyses to the applicable parties involved.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Work independently and be self-motivated.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and those
contacted in the course of work.
- Ability to perform investigative work on criminal cases.
- Possess strong critical thinking skills, decision making abilities, and organizational skills.
- Compile and interpret statistics
- Collect, compile, interpret, and analyze raw data and make recommendations.
- Perform statistical research and analysis.
- Provide detailed factual analytical, statistical, and narrative reports related to criminal
- Assist in solving crime occurrences by converting raw data into valid criminal intelligence
- Analyze records in several software programs; maintain accurate recordkeeping, analyze
trends and information and present findings.
- The ability to redact video, review cell phone downloads, and review other data obtained
during a criminal investigation to identify supporting evidence.
- The ability to prepare power point presentations to best highlight exhibits for trial.
- Ability to demonstrate an awareness and appreciation of the cultural diversity of the
- Degree in Criminal Justice, Public Administration, Computer Science, Math or closely related fields are preferred.
- Experience in data analysis, trend analysis, research methods, and statistics preferably in a law enforcement or military role is preferred.
- Experience with mapping analytical software.
- Experience with federal, state, and local law enforcement databases.
Job Type: Full-time, some remote work possible
Grant Term: 10/1/23 to 9/30/26
Compensation: $60,000.00, plus benefits.
Must pass pre-employment screenings and fingerprint check
Application Deadline: The position is open until filled
Send your Cover Letter, Resume, and References to:
Michelle J. Ambrozaitis, Clare County Prosecuting Attorney