2021 Crime Victim Rights Vigil
The Prosecuting Attorneys Association of Michigan is pleased to host the 2021 Crime Victim Rights Vigil.
Because we were not able to host the vigil in person at the State Capitol Building this year, we have created this remote vigil.
It is important to acknowledge the trauma and difficulties that crime victims, survivors and their loved ones endure. We also realize the importance of recognizing the many prosecutors, victim advocates, law enforcement personnel, direct service providers, and support organizations around our state who selflessly assist those impacted by crime and work to “Support Victims. Build Trust. Engage Communities”.
We are grateful to the following for their participation in the making of this important video :
- Michigan Attorney General, Dana Nessel
- Michigan Senator, Roger Victory
- Michigan Representative, Sarah Anthony
- Michigan Representative, Graham Filler
- Michigan Department of Health and Human Services-Division of Victim Services Director, Debi Cain
- Crime Victim Foundation, John Lazet
- Prosecuting Attorneys Association of Michigan President, Matt Wiese
We extend our congratulations and thanks for appearing in this vigil to award recipients:
- Detroit Police Department, Chief James Craig
- Lead Survivor Outreach Specialist for the Survivor Outreach Services, for the Little Traverse Bay Bands of Odawa Indians, Stacey Ettawageshik
- Genesee County Prosecuting Attorney, David Leyton
We also wish to express our appreciation to the following:
- Crime Victim Foundation
- Michigan Department of Health and Human Services-Division of Victim Services
- Tribal and community based service providers across our state who strive to support crime victims and survivors and in a trauma and culturally informed way; support and advocacy organizations, including Parents of Murdered Children, Mothers Against Drunk Driving, and many other organizations who support victims, survivors, and families’ struggles in the aftermath of crime victimization
- Michigan Association of Chiefs of Police
- Michigan Sheriff’s Association
- Michigan State Police
We also wish to extend a special acknowledgement to Jeannie Wernet, PAAM VSTU, for her many hours of dedication to producing this remote vigil!