Program Assistant/Conference Coordinator of PAAM’s Juvenile Justice and School Safety Training Project
The Prosecuting Attorneys Association of Michigan’s newly formed Juvenile Justice and School Safety Training Project is hiring a conference coordinator. The conference coordinator will report to the Project director and provide administrative support to further the project’s goals and objectives of collaborating with prosecutors’ offices, law enforcement, court systems, and other identified partners, to assess the need for, and to develop and provide training programs for prosecutors on issues related to emerging juvenile justice topics, juvenile gun violence, and school safety.
Responsibilities and Duties
This full-time position is grant funded and will likely end in December of 2025.
- Assist with creating and coordinating the dissemination of educational materials and training on topics related to juvenile justice and school safety.
- Review and negotiate hotel contract proposals and audit bills.
- Arrange all on-site conference and training needs including room set up, audio visual requirements, meal, and overnight accommodations when necessary.
- Provide audio visual support at conferences and trainings.
- Maintain records of trainings conducted, number of attendees, and other relevant data.
- Other responsibilities include general office tasks, supply ordering, and other responsibilities as assigned.
- Associate degree or two years relevant experience preferred.
- Familiarity with the juvenile justice system or victim advocacy services preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy required. Must have excellent organizational, verbal and writing skills, including the ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time is required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products including word, excel, and Teams, as well as Zoom and Google docs required.
- Ability to create and maintain directories and databases is a plus.
- Ethics, confidentiality, and professionalism are critical.
Salary: $44,657-$60,000 depending on experience. A competitive benefits package is available, including health, dental, and vision insurance, as well as paid leave.
The primary workstation is Lansing, Michigan. In-state and some out-of-state travel, including overnight travel, may be required. Telecommuting is permitted at the discretion of PAAM management.
How to Apply
A resume and cover letter should be emailed to Cheri Bruinsma, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business March 4, 2024.